Bear with me on this one – I promise that there is method in my madness today!. White bedding is one of those things that a lot of people shy away from – thinking because it’s white it isn’t suitable for most homes due to maintenance etc… – but I am here to fly the flag for white bedding, and explain why it can work perfectly for every home – every time!
I was one of those people a few years ago who bought any other colour bedding bar white, but I now use nothing else in my home – for quite a few good reasons – and that’s what I wanted to share with you today – something that you may well have walked straight past in the shop that actually could help with getting a little more organised around the house.
This post goes through all the reasons I love white bedding (and why I think you should to!), and gives you a few inspirational ideas of how well white bedding works in any and every home.
In every type of bedroom – every style, every age – white is the way to go – every time!
Reasons why white bedding works
If you haven’t as yet used white bedding in your home, here are all the reasons that I love it – to hopefully give you food for thought…
- All bedding can match – saving you time. If all beds have white bedding – then it is really easy to change the bedding as you can simply pull out x pillow cases, x sheets and x duvet covers and you’re done – no more looking for matching sets!
- It is easy to clean (practicality has to be there!) – you can wash at really high temperatures unlike most coloured bedding.
- It is cheap – yes, you can pay a lot for Egyptian cotton sheets – but overall you can get good quality white bedding for a really cost effective price compared to a lot of coloured varieties (and it’s easier to find white as oppose to trying to match a pattern or colour to your room).
- It makes a room feel less cluttered, and calmer (the bed is usually the biggest single item in a room – so bedding is a very predominant feature of the space and can make a room feel busy and cluttered if highly patterned.
- It can brighten up a dark room – whether it is dark through lack of natural light, or dark due to the decor, white bedding can transform how bright a bedroom feels (the bed is, after all, the largest part of most rooms).
- It’s classic – it will go with everything – and you can add colour easily with throws and cushions if required.
- In childrens rooms it can be quite a calm counter to the bright toys /paint and accessories, and if they share then its easy to make each bed look unique but still have something to tie them together.
- It looks quite hotel-like which can make people think of luxury and opulence, and promotes a calmness so you can properly relax in your bedroom.
Are you sold on the idea yet? – if you need some inspiration to see how well white bedding works in examples – then your wish is my command….
Here are some gorgeous room schemes that show that white bedding is so versatile for every bedroom and for every type of style – which is your favourite?
I love this relaxed style, with a few different colours in the accessories to make it feel really personal and stylish:
Or why not keep it simple so that the headboard can stand out…
And what about those walls! – The bedding doesn’t deter from the amazing style in this room at all…
The linen bedding looks really inviting in this bedroom, doesn’t it? – and the fact that it’s simple and white in colour makes it feel even more classic…
I must admit that I would rarely if ever go back to using anything other than white bedding in a bedroom now – the top selling point is that it makes laundry day so much easier, both washing and putting things away (If I can save time sorting things out then I will!).
I also love to change the look of my bed in line with the seasons – as I like a warm throw in the winter, and different colours of cushions (deep colours for winter and lighter for the summer).
Each bed in my house is still unique and looks very different because of how they are dressed, and how the room decor is – so there should be no worries of feeling bland in any way. The white simply makes a stunning backdrop to the colours used in them instead of fighting for attention.