Hi! – I’m Chrissy, and this site is my little piece of the web. It's so nice to meet you (albeit in a virtual way!)....
Right now I'm a work-at-home-mum - juggling all the hats that this involves - and I truly love it.
Of course - things aren't always easy in life, and 'stuff' happens. But we make it work most of the time, and I've learnt that your home is the key.
Over the years I've been able to make my home a place that works for how we live. This has involved figuring out what we truly needed and wanted from the space, decluttering the unnecessary, organising the rest, and setting up systems and routines that support us each and every day (along with some styling at the end of course!).
Yes, life still gets in the way, yes, life changes all the time, yes, we're busy and there's always loads going on, and yes, things aren't perfect by any means - BUT being organised makes things SO.MUCH.SIMPLER - and that's where this blog comes in....
I started my working life in the corporate world in IT after getting a 1st Class Maths Degree from Cardiff University (I'm a bit of a geek...).
During this time I worked in various locations, did all the shift patterns you could imagine (nights were weirdly quite good!), and had several different roles. I learnt a LOT, met my now Husband, and made some great friends, but ultimately it wasn't the right fit for me to be happy.
I wanted to pursue a real love of mine and so I re-trained as an Interior Designer, and left the IT world in 2005 to start my own home styling business.
I ran this business for over 12 years - and during this time I trained in Home Staging AND Home Organising and added these to my services too. As part of this I was a proud member of the UK Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers (APDO-UK) and the UK House Doctor Network. As such, I have had LOADS of experience in styling and organising all sorts of homes and lifestyles over the years.
My favourite of these services quite quickly became Home Organising - which I suppose was inevitable really...
I am ALWAYS looking for better ways to do things, whether it be saving time or space or energy - so it really was a natural fit.
My love of homes increased as I realised that just the look of a home isn't enough - it is SO much more satisfying to make your home work for you as well - and that's where organising is so crucial.
I've helped many clients over the years, and I found that the same issues were springing up time and again - so I decided to set up this blog as somewhere to add all the tips and tricks I've learned over this time.
And now? well, I've realised that each and every step of the way I've learned what I needed to get me to here, and to have found the perfect job for me. It's truly a mix of my IT, organising and home styling background, and gives me the ability to reach so many more people than I could with just a bricks and mortar business.
The best bit? I've created a business that I love, but also one that truly fits my life.
I am around for my daughter which is my priority, but my work is something I am truly passionate about and it's something that I'm proud of.
It really is a win-win.
Organising is a huge passion of mine – as I really and truly believe that getting organised can change a persons life fundamentally.
I have lived life as a mum, as a wife whose husband works away a LOT, as a full time / part time / stay at home mum, as someone who has to change schedules a lot due to shift work - and SO.MUCH.MORE - so I know how each of these feel, what the struggles are, and what can help.
One of my biggest beliefs is that if we can teach ourselves the habits and systems that truly work, we can live our lives in the best way possible, and ultimately we can pass this on to our children so that they can also live simpler lives once they leave home. What a legacy!
Organise My House is my way of helping, just a bit...
So - that's the run-down of my qualifications and history as to why I started this blog and why I can help you - but I bet you want to know the REAL me?!
Because I can't resist a good list(!) - here are 12 random facts to read to get to know me a little better right now (things you may find out if we shared a coffee together and were chatting away...): -
- I turned 40 in 2017 (LOVE being this age!), live in the UK (near Manchester), have been married since 2006 and have 1 gorgeous little girl.
- My hubby is my best friend - he has been my rock since I met him in 2000 and I wouldn't be half as happy without him in my life.
- My guilty pleasure is karaoke and dancing with my daughter - it's a great way to de-stress (and when she was learning to read it was an amazing way to make reading fun!
- Baking is one of my favourite things to do - it chills me out - although I don't do it as much as I'd like.... (note to self: make time!)
- I try and do some sort of exercise every day - this has always helped relax me and keep my head clear - my current favourites are weights, running and swimming.
- I have learnt to surf, ski and snowboard over the years - although now I would have trouble with all of them (!) - paddle boarding is next on the list (tried it in France a while back and loved it).
- I am a night owl - I do my best work late at night (in fact I'm writing this at midnight!)
- I love to visit cities, watch films & musicals, eat out, and stay in.
- I am a total introvert
- I decided to quit sugar way back in May 2015 - and weirdly haven't missed it at all - it's given me a chance to be creative with recipes and baking which is always good!
- I am a world record holder - well - part of a group at least! - You can read all about it here (and the top picture is me all wrapped up as a mummy - you'll understand when you read about it!)
- I love lists ;o)
Now you know me a little (warts and all!), and I'd love to get to know you too - after all, it's not a conversation if it's only one way....
If you'd like to share anything with me about why you want to get more organised, what's led you to read this blog, or just to say "hi" - then please feel free to drop me a line.
(Other places to find me are Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram - I add lots of extras on these, and each one is different - so I'd love it if you joined me on whichever is your favoured one!)
And if you're ready to get started - why not take a look at my latest posts. There's so much to look at that I'm sure you will take away something useful each time you visit.
Thanks for stopping by - and remember - wherever you are in life, getting organised can help in so many ways.
Living in a home that works for you and looks as you want it to can really work wonders, and having the time to achieve your dreams is life changing!
- so what are you waiting for!...