This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data in the following ways: –
- Through your use of our site organisemyhouse.com – including when you add information yourself onto the site
- Communicating with us via email, social media or other channels
- Any information we have access to when you purchase a product via our shops in ETSY and Teachable
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Chrissy Halton T/A Organise My House is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Contact Details: –
Chrissy Halton T/A Organise My House
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communications Data – Name, email address, Social Media contact details
- Customer Data – Name, Title, Billing Address, Delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, and purchase details (please note that card details or other specific financial details are not shared with us, as ETSY and Teachable are the sellers, not us – please see their privacy policies also)
- User Data – Information about how you use our website, products and services, and any data you post for publication on our website.
- Technical Data – Data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, the website you came from, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Marketing Data – Your preferences for receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data about you in the following ways: –
- (Communication, User, Technical and/or Marketing) Data is collected when you as the user do one of the following:-
- Comment on the site
- Send us an email
- Fill out a form for a freebie on the site (a printable, a course, an eBook etc…)
- Fill out a form to subscribe to email from Organise My House
- Enter a competition on the site
- Fill out a reader survey
- Interact with us on Social Media (post, message etc…)
- Open, Click links in, or otherwise interact with any emails we send you.
- … any other communications from you
- (Customer, User and Technical) Data is collected when you buy a product
- You are able to buy products from ETSY and TEACHABLE, and it should be noted that they are the sellers – but we receive copies of all orders for our records, and to fulfil the order (such as starting the automated process of sending emails related to a course signup).
- (User, Technical and/or Marketing) Data is collected when you use the website
We also may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU ( https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html), advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, Shop providers incl. Teachable and ETSY, and providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
I currently work with AdThrive who provide the advertisements on this site. I endeavour to stop any unsuitable ad content appearing on the site but if any does get through please alert me immediately and I will rectify it.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA (& WHY)
- Communications Data – We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data – We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data – We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data – The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data – We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant freebies, resources, website content, emails, and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy. It also is to fulfil a contract with you when you have requested a freebie or to join as a subscriber or any other promotion where you have entered details and expect to be sent something or be contacted as a result.
We may use these types of data listed above to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you (i.e. newsletter). Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business). [NOTE SEE MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SECTION BELOW]
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if
- you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or
- you agreed to receive marketing communications
and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent. We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell or rent our email lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in section 5 below.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email sent to you from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
If you choose to correspond with us directly through email (either to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org), we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online. This also applies when you register for our website, sign up through any of our forms using your email address or make a purchase on this site.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities including H M Revenue & Customs.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Communications and Customer Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
11. ANONYMOUS DATA
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
12. PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you leave a comment on the website, or enter a competition, certain information (your name only usually) may be publicly visible. Your email address will never be available publicly.
THIS POLICY WAS LAST UPDATED ON 21st MAY 2018