Page 2 of 5 – to go back to the start please CLICK HERE
MOVING TIP #6 – CONSIDER A 2 DAY MOVE
Most of the time we move out of the old house and into the new house on the same day.
There is however, good argument for moving in on the following day instead, creating a 2 day move.
If you can get the keys to your new house the day before your stuff arrives, you have a great chance to clean everything first, or put in new carpets/flooring etc….
It’s so much easier to clean and add new flooring into a space when the house is empty, and then when you put all your stuff into the house you can be sure you’re happy with the state of the house first (think kitchen cupboards, bathrooms, carpets etc…)
It may well be worth paying for a 2 day removal service for this very reason.
MOVING TIP #7 – GET THE REMOVALS COMPANY TO PACK
Decluttering your home is a massive job in itself, and this is a job only you can do.
As such, why not take the strain off a little and get the removals to do what they are best at – and that’s to pack everything up for you.
For me, its a no-brainer for so many reasons: –
- They will be insured for any breakages
- They can do this SO quickly! (it’s great to watch the experts in action!)
- It usually doesn’t cost a lot (a lot less than I imagined it would cost), and when you are talking about the cost of moving I think it’s an expense that’s well worth it.
- It frees you up to oversee everything
- They supply all boxes and packaging which will save you time and expense
MOVING TIP #8 – PHOTOGRAPH VALUABLES & BREAKABLES
I always suggest going around your home and taking photos of your valuables and breakables before they get packed up.
If for any reason things get broken, damaged or lost during the moving process, at least you have a record of them. (Just quick snaps on the camera on your mobile phone will be good enough).