You may not think that the clutter you have in your home is that bad, that its not affecting you at all, that you are quite happy really, but how true is that?
Is it affecting how you live, and your stress levels in any way?
Clutter gets into your head.
If you are affected then you would be so much better off if you dealt with it head on, and with that in mind, I wanted to write a post to make you think about whether clutter is really an issue for you, and whether it impacts you without you even realising.
Clutter really isn’t an issue for a lot of people.
Now – once again I will state that clutter can be fine for some people – they live in busy homes with things everywhere – but it works for them.
Others don’t have a lot of stuff, but still find it too messy as they can’t find things easily, and this causes unnecessary stress on a daily basis.
Its when it doesn’t work for you, and is having an adverse affect on you that you have to stop and take note.
Is clutter a problem for you?
Take a look at the following statements and see whether any ring true – if you find yourself nodding sagely at the screen when reading them, you may well have clutter issues.
- Can you put your hands on important paperwork within a couple of minutes?
- Do you constantly lose things in your home?
- Have you missed appointments or functions due to mislaying the invite?
- Are you proud of your home when visitors call by?
- Do you waste time each day looking for things?
- Do you have lots of out of date items in the cupboards?
- Can you access all areas of your home easily – or are some stuffed to the brim?
- Are some surfaces in your home housing permanent piles of stuff?
- Do you feel worried when you think about decluttering?
- Do you spend a long time cleaning around all the bits thats are out on display in your home?
Do any of these ring true for you?
Imagine if they weren’t – how much less stressed, how much more time you’d have – and how much of an affect on your family as a whole it would create.
And it can be done – it may take small steps, fitting in around your schedule – but if you try and tackle each one head on then you WILL get there.
Some things may have very easy fixes –
For example – finding passports easily may actually only take creating a file in your filing cabinet
Or they may take LOADS of time –
Being guest ready can be an uphill battle
But the trick is to identify whether your clutter is having a negative effect on you, as this clutter is the stuff that you want to deal with, and where it would be most beneficial for you to start with getting organised.
From there you can create more calmness in your mind – and who doesn’t want more of that!